The University of Education was established in 2002 as the highest seat of learning in teacher education with clear goals and objectives of producing quality teachers of international standards. Among other related objectives set before the UE, some are to:
Bring quality change in education focusing on teacher education.
Promote governance, leadership and management skills among educational managers.
Promote teaching and learning innovations.
Develop human resource for educational institutions and other areas of high social and economic need.
Establish linkages with national and international educational institutions and the society.
The University of Education campuses, divisions and affiliated colleges are striving to achieve high standards of success through innovation, creativity and forward looking strategies.
UE designed curriculum and established instructional and media laboratories to provide opportunity to its students and faculty of experimental and experiential learning. This encouraged and enhanced conceptual learning and application. The media laboratories serve as modern gadget to access the virtual material for learning and research by students and faculty of the University.
In addition to offering degree programs, the UE adopts multi pronged strategies like faculty development through holding workshops, seminars, short and advanced courses. Postgraduate Diploma and Teaching Certificate for faculty needs a special mention. This program focuses on capacity development of the faculty in response to the emerging needs of the time. Foreign scholarships are also awarded to attract the best available talent for faculty.
For harmonious and all round growth and development of students’ personalities and character building, sports and other co-curricular activities such as debates, speeches, dramas, art exhibitions and other healthy activities are organized regularly. Students are motivated to learn the art of peaceful co-existence and finding solutions to the problems through dialogues and discussions. Due to such initiatives significant changes could be observed in the outlook and behavior of the students. It is due to these earnest efforts, meticulous diligence and untiring strife that UE graduates are fitting in well at home and abroad in the system as well as in the employment market which indeed is a matter of pride for UE.
Vision and Mission
To prepare dynamic leaders and practitioners in teaching, research and management having content excellence, pedagogical competence, commitment and integrity who may ensure quality and sustainable development at all tiers and sectors of education.
The UE mission is to:
1. Offer nationally and internationally accepted academic programs to produce:
Classroom teachers to the need of public and private schools of various levels i.e. primary, secondary, higher secondary.
Educational Leaders and Managers
Educationists/Researchers/Curriculum Developers etc.
2. Provide certificate and degree programs through continuous and virtual education modes for teachers of tertiary level.
3. Integrate pre-service with in-service Teacher Education.
4. Make university a thriving hub of educational research and knowledge creation.
5. Make the teaching profession attractive to the youth by providing quality programs, providing fast track degree acquisition routes to abler students.
6. Equal emphasis on quality and quantity of the product.
7. Emerge as Leader institution in various branches of education. Learn and contribute through linkages with national and international academic community and society.
8. Take equity measures to provide quality education.