MNS-University of Agriculture, Multan is an HEC recognized higher education institution that started its academic activities in 2012. During the short period of its existence, the University has made rapid progress in terms of expansion of its academic programs, students’ enrolment, physical infrastructure, campus network, and hiring of highly qualified and experienced academic and administrative staff. As a matter of fact, MNSUAM has been considered as one of the fastest growing academic institutions in the country.
The University is located at Old Shujabad Road, Multan, neighboring several different wings and formations of Punjab Agriculture Department. The main campus comprises 180 acres of land, whereupon initially an Academic Block, Administration Block, Girls and Boys hostels, Guest House and some Staff residences are being constructed. For carrying out agricultural research activities, the University has established agricultural farms at the main campus as well as at Jalalpur Pirwala comprising 500 acres of land allotted to the University. Besides bachelors’ level degree programs in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Computer Science and Information Technology; the University also offers F.Sc. Pre-Agriculture, and M.Sc. and Ph.D in various disciplines of Agricultural Sciences. Recently, the University has started B.Sc. (Hons.) Poultry Science, B.Sc. (Hons.) Fisheries and Aquaculture, B.Sc. Agro-Industrial Engineering Technology, B.Sc. (Hons.) Human Nutrition and Dietetics and MS Computer Science programs. The primary objective of the University is to elevate socio-economic status of farmers and to provide education in various faculties of agriculture and other branches of knowledge, make provisions for research and development and service to the society. There is a strong sense of openness at MNSUAM as the University actively interacts with the surrounding institutions and society at large through continuous dialogues and knowledge exchange. With learning-based environment and new perspectives, the University aims to contribute to a better future.
Mission of MNS-UAM
To provide food security and build knowledge based economy through intellectual and social transformation.
Vision of MNS-UAM
To develop a world class university in agricultural and allied sciences by providing effective systems and leadership for professional learning, research, entrepreneurship and community service.
• Building infrastructure and environment conducive for professional learning.
• Instituting critical thinking, skills and professional attitude through internationally competitive programs and using advanced pedagogical techniques.
• Providing enabling and cooperative environment for collaborative R&D, entrepreneurial ecosystem and social mobilization through competition, innovation and business development.
• Promoting a culture of creativity, openness and responsibility where effective
• University-Industry-Community linkages are established and nurtured.
• Establishing strategic collaborations with reputable national and international institutions to align capacity building,research and outreach with local and global paradigms.
• Developing a diversified rural economy that is dynamic, technologically advanced and globally competitive to support farming system and agro-industry
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *