About Fatima Jinnah Medical College
Fatima Jinnah Medical University (FJMU) named after Fatima Jinnah “is located in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. Fatima Jinnah Medical University (FJMU) with its associated teaching hospital Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, is a medical institute to teach and train female doctors and post-graduate students and provide medical and healthcare facilities to the citizens of the country, particularly in and around Lahore, and more particularly to the female population. It is now a tertiary healthcare unit.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital was established in 1921 in the walled city of Lahore by a philanthropist Sir Ganga Ram who also donated a piece of land. The hospital was shifted to its present location in 1943 to cope with the growing demand for medical and health care services. On June 16th, 2015 the Health Department of Pakistan changed the status of the Medical College to the Medical University and the current principal was made the Vice Chancellor of the University.
Fatima Jinnah Medical University will be the leading national academia offering leadership in medical education, research and community health services of international standards.
Fatima Jinnah Medical University will be the world class academia producing undergraduate, postgraduate healthcare professionals and research scholars demonstrating excellence in knowledge, skills, and empathetic values empowered with community oriented self-directed learning and professional development qualities to provide leadership in education, research and professional health services.
Fatima Jinnah Medical University will strive for:
• Providing a conducive learning environment of international standards for education and research
• Inculcating empathetic and leadership qualities in its undergraduate and postgraduate healthcare providers contextual to local community and national needs
• Providing community health services of high standards by its affiliated institutes and hospitals
• Achieving international standards by a continuous process of quality control, maintenance and enhancement
Fatima Jinnah Medical University will be able to:
• Attain a position among top national universities listed by the Higher Education Commission
• Create a conducive learning environment for undergraduate, postgraduate and research scholars
• Acquire research-oriented culture for evidence-based professional practices
• Conduct high quality assessments to achieve the goals
• Establish a dynamic Quality Enhancement Cell inculcating the tradition of internal and external audits in its faculty, students and the support staff.