To provide every opportunity for an all round and harmonious development of individuals and society and reconstruction of human thought in all its forms on the foundations of Islam in order to encourage and promote education, training the research in Islamic learning, social, natural, applied and communication sciences and other branches of learning to ensure the Muslim Ummah’s ideological, moral, intellectual, social, economic and technological development in accordance with the values, ideals, principles and norms of Islam.
1. To consolidate the existing faculties, institutes, academies and centres of the University, namely, Faculty of Shariah and Law, Usuluddin, Arabic, Languages and Literatures, Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Applied Sciences, Academy, Shariah Academy, Centre for Basic Studies and the Iqra College of Technology.
2. To establish new faculties, departments centres, units and cells and strengthen the existing faculties, institutes, academies and centres the order the ensure diversification and deeper specialization in the relevant areas and to promote higher learning, research adn training in various branches and specializations falling under the purview of the concerned faculties, institutes, academies or centres.
3. To strengthen pre-doctoral and post-doctoral research programs in the existing faculties and institutes.
4. To develop and consolidate the Female’s Campus as a premier sear of higher learning for female.
5. To develop a faculty committed to the cause, vision and mission of the University on the one hand and responsive to the requirements, professional competence and an enhanced Islamic understanding on the other.
6. To develop a rich multi–lingual resource centre in the areas of interest to the University.
7. To develop centres of expertise, research and consultancy in the fields o Islamic Law, Islamic Economics and Banking, Islamic Finance, Information Technology and Engineering and Technology.
8. To develop a nerve center of higher Islamic education in Pakistan through affiliation of leading institutions of Islamic education, establishment of regional campuses and centres, and coordination with eminent personalities working in the fields of Islamic education, research, instruction and training.
9. To produce scholarly works and other reading material in the fields of interest to the university , especially Law, Jurisprudence, Islamic Thought, Economics, Banking, Political Science, International Relations and Business Administration.
1. To establish Faculties of Medicine and Health Sciences and a Faculty of Engineering and Technology with expertise drawn, as far as possible, both from Pakistan and overseas.
2. To establish a faculty of Communication and Media with view to produce experts in the fields of media, communication and journalism.
3. To establish branches and affiliated institutes of the International Islamic University outside Pakistan especially at places where higher Islamic learning is not available.