To be a superior teaching and research institution, having transformative impact on society and acting as a knowledge corridor between Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Pakistan and rest of the World.
MUST is committed to all-encompassing growth of its students, besides enabling them to tap the world of knowledge and assume leadership role in the future through a process of continual innovation in education, research, creativity, technological advancement and entrepreneurship.
Wisdom & Virtue.
Aims and Objectives
For the fulfilment of its mission, MUST aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. To provide education of the highest academic quality, rigorous in its demands and distinctive in its character;
2. To promote advancement of society through research, creative activity, scholarly inquiry and the development of new knowledge;
3. To promote technological knowledge, science and arts for the benefit of state’s economy, serve the citizens through public programmes and provides other public service;
4. To achieve academic excellence across a broad range of disciplines through continuous innovation, improvement and expansion;
5. To make MUST a center for intellectually demanding and research-oriented education that nurtures independence of mind and critical inquiry, as well as enables students to realise their personal ambitions and contribute to the development of society.
6. To create a stimulating and salutary environment for students, faculty and staff, distinguished by unrelenting flinching commitment to high standards and respect for individual;
7. To produce the next generation of researchers, scientists, engineers and academics who are capable of shaping public and policy discourse besides grappling with prevailing challenges;
8. To develop MUST as a ‘student-centric university’ by establishing student councils, clubs, societies and support programmes.
9. To provide students with technologically enhanced learning required for pursuing their professional goals in the modern era;
10. To earn widespread recognition and endorsement for MUST through contributions in research, entrepreneurship and policy making.
11. To proactively expand academic and research networking at the national and international levels.
12. To attract, reward and retain outstanding faculty from diverse backgrounds by creating for them a welcoming and dynamic professional environment;
13. To secure long-term financial sustainability and maintain the level of capital investment necessary to achieve all academic objectives;
14. To create conspicuous and credible socio-economic impact by rendering long-term services to the society.
15. To meet society’s interests, concerns, priorities and aspirations;
16. To ensure freedom of thought and expression by promoting respect for the diversity and difference of opinion;
17. To promote equality in the university and making it accessible to all segments of the society without discrimination.
18. To transform lives for the benefit of society.
1. Academic Excellence and Advancement on Merit;
2. Fairness and Equality;
3. Pluralism and Diversity;
4. Outreach and Community-building;
5. Inclusiveness and Openness;
6. Academic Freedom and Freedom of Thought;
8. Ethically Acceptable Standards of Conduct;
9. Creativity and Innovation;
10. Leadership Development;
11. Environmental Sustainability;
12. Learner-centric and Personalized Learning;
13. Service with Integrity;
14. Collegial Environment and Dignity of Labour;