Punjab Dental Hospital, Lahore, first of its kind in the sub-continent, was established in 1928.The land was granted by Sir, Geoffry Fitz Hervery de’Montmorency the then Governor of Punjab. Its foundation stone was laid in 1928 and it became functional in 1930. The hospital was established to cater the needs of general public for specialized dental treatment.In 1934, de’Montmorency college of Dentistry was established within the premises of this hospital. At first, course of two years duration started which later on converted to four years BDS course.Postgraduate courses have also been established and nearly 140-Students are being trained. Every year about 100 House Surgeons receive clinical training from this hospital. The Dental Technician School was established in 1999-2000 in the premises of this hospital with the help of Asian Development Bank to award two years Diploma of Dental Technician and trains its students.