- Establishment of Medical College at Mirpur was first announced in 1975 by allotting 252 Kanals of land for paramedical school by late Premier Z A Bhutto in pursuance of his future vision for the region.
- With the end of political Government, the opening was delayed. Instead AJ&K Govt. with very few resources announced Paramedical Institute at Chitterpari Mirpur on 652 Kanals of land allocated for Medical College.
- On the consistent efforts of Prime Minister Ch. Abdul Majid, Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto announced launching of the Medical College in Mirpur at Bradford UK in 2007 before coming to Pakistan which was notified on 21st of July 2010 on special directive of Govt. of Pakistan.
- Asif Ali Zardari, President Islamic Republic of Pakistan had laid the foundation stone of Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Medical College in Mirpur Azad Jammu & Kashmir on 5th February 2011.
- Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Medical College, Mirpur is one of the three public sector medical colleges in Azad State of Jammu & Kashmir. The institution is located in an improvised campus in Mirpur city situated off the bank of Mangla Dam.
- College was inspected by PM&DC in December 2011
- Recognition letter was issued on 2nd January 2012(Simultaneously for AJK Medical College and MBBS Medical College)
- Classes commenced on 31st of January 2012.
- The college is recognized by PM&DC for 100 students under registration number M-0087-G-A.
- The college is listed in FAIMER international Medical Education Directory with ID – F0002929.
- The foundation stone for the new campus buildings has been laid down by the Honorable Prime Minister of AJK, Ch. Abdul Majid on 3rd September 2015 for project worth Rs. 2760.159 Million consisting of :
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *